Proposing a project – Memory and Transmission Committee
- To transmit the memory of the Holocaust to the French-speaking general public
- To review projects involving the memory of other genocides.
Types of projects funded
- Audiovisual (documentary or feature films)
- Publishing and translation (into French)
- Memorial initiatives (commemorations, markers, plaques, symposia intended for the general public, etc.)
- Building or preserving memorial sites (internment camps in France, etc.)
- Any project contributing to the conservation and transmission of witness accounts about of the Holocaust and other genocides.
- The Foundation only funds projects within its areas of competence.
- The application must involve a specific project. The Foundation does not grant any funding for an organization’s ordinary operating expenses.
- All applicants must conduct a search for co-funding.
- The Foundation only funds projects that are certain to be disseminated.
- A project cannot be retroactively funded.
- Projects must be designed for a French-speaking public or focus on the Holocaust in France.
- A firm commitment from a French publisher is required for publishing projects. Novels are not eligible.
- A commitment from a French production company and a French broadcaster is required for audiovisual projects.
- A commitment from a performance venue in France is required for theater projects.
- The topic’s historical rigor
- The project’s consistency with the Foundation’s priorities
- The project organizer’s competence and involvement
- The project’s groundbreaking character in both form and content
- The project’s timeliness, planned dissemination and expected impact
- The relevance of the project’s budget and justification of the amount requested from the Foundation
The project organizers
Any public or private for-profit or non-profit organization is eligible to apply. No project proposals from individuals will be accepted.
- For publishing projects: publishing companies
- For film and audiovisual projects: production companies
- For theater projects: theater companies or theaters
- For symposia, panel discussions, seminars, archives preservation, etc.: the organizing institution
- If funding is granted, a partnership agreement will be signed.
- The Foundation usually releases its funds in installments.
- Payment of the balance is subject to a project assessment. The project organizer agrees to provide the Foundation with the required administrative and accounting documents and to let it monitor the use of the funds granted.
- The project organizer agrees to mention the Foundation’s support on all its communication materials.
Applying for funding
Before applying, please read the complete procedure and contact us to make sure your project is eligible.
The next closing dates: September 5th, 2022
Applications must be received at least three months before the project starts.
Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Barring exceptions, the Foundation announces its decision three to six months after receiving the complete application.
Mrs Judith Cytrynowicz
Mrs Régine Socquet
Tel: +33 (0)1 53 42 63 27