Proposing a project - Holocaust Education Committee
To encourage the transmission of the history of the Holocaust to schoolchildren through educational activities geared towards their age and level.
Types of projects funded
- Educational excursions to memorial sites
- Textbooks and educational materials (children’s books, web documentaries, etc.)
- Educational activities (art projects, meetings, etc.)
- Training sessions for teachers
Educational themes funded
- The history of the "Final Solution" and the Vichy regime
- Internment and extermination camps in France and Europe
- The "Righteous"
- Jewish life in France between the wars and during and after the Holocaust
- The Foundation only funds projects within its areas of competence.
- The application must involve a specific project. The Foundation does not grant any funding for an organization’s ordinary operating expenses.
- All applicants must conduct a search for co-funding.
- A project cannot be retroactively funded.
- Preparation and follow-up are compulsory for educational excursions.
- A firm commitment from a French publisher in France is required for publishing projects.
- The topic’s historical rigor
- The project’s consistency with the Foundation’s priorities
- The project organizer’s competence and involvement
- The project’s groundbreaking character in both form and content
- The project’s timeliness, planned dissemination and expected impact
- The relevance of the project’s budget and justification of the amount requested from the Foundation
- For educational excursions, the quality of preparation and follow-up
- The taking into consideration of the students’ level and the quality of the teaching method selected.
The project organizers
- Any public or private for-profit or non-profit organization is eligible to apply. No project proposals from individuals will be accepted (except research and travel grants).
- For books and teaching materials: the publisher or distributor
- For educational excursions: schools and youth organizations
- For teacher training: universities, boards of education and Holocaust memorial sites
If funding is granted, a partnership agreement will be signed.
The Foundation usually releases its funds in installments.
Payment of the balance is subject to a project assessment. The project organizer agrees to provide the Foundation with the required administrative and accounting documents and to let it monitor the use of the funds granted.
The project organizer agrees to mention the Foundation’s support on all its communication materials.
Applying for funding
Before applying, please read the complete procedure and contact us to make sure your project is eligible.
Applications regarding non French-speaking audience are not eligible.
Mr Dominique Trimbur
Mrs Yanique Mervius
Tel: +33 (0)1 53 42 63 17