Proposing a project – Fighting anti-Semitism and supporting intercultural dialogue
To fight anti-Semitism in all its forms and work to bring the various cultures comprising French society closer together, in particular through youth-oriented projects.
Types of projects funded
- Audiovisual projects (documentary or feature films)
- Publications and translations
- National and international symposia and seminars
- Educational activities
- Actions to fight the spread of hate speech on the Internet and social networks
- Any project to promote intercultural dialogue
- Contemporary anti-Semitism
- Intercultural dialogue
- Education about religion
- The Foundation only funds projects within its areas of competence.
- The application must involve a specific project. The Foundation does not grant any funding for an organization’s ordinary operating expenses.
- All applicants must conduct a search for co-funding.
- A project cannot be retroactively funded.
- A commitment from a French publisher is required for publishing and translation projects.
- A commitment from a French broadcaster is required for audiovisual projects.
- A commitment from a performance venue in France is required for theater projects.
- The topic’s rigor
- The project’s consistency with the Foundation’s priorities
- The project organizer’s competence and involvement
- The project’s groundbreaking character in both form and content
- The project’s timeliness, planned dissemination and expected impact
- The relevance of the project’s budget and justification of the amount requested from the Foundation
- Use of new technology (depending on the project)
- Partnerships with other cultures
- Youth-oriented projects
- Initiatives aimed at stemming the spread of hate speech on the Internet and on social media
- Initiatives aimed at developing intercultural dialogue
The project organizers
Any public or private for-profit or non-profit organization is eligible to apply. No project proposals from individuals will be accepted.
- For publishing projects: publishing companies
- For film and audiovisual projects: production companies
- For theater projects: theater companies or theaters
If funding is granted, a partnership agreement will be signed.
The Foundation usually releases its funds in installments.
Payment of the balance is subject to a project assessment. The project organizer agrees to provide the Foundation with the required administrative and accounting documents and to let it monitor the use of the funds granted.
The project organizer agrees to mention the Foundation’s support on all its communication materials.
Applying for funding
Before applying, please read the complete procedure and contact us to make sure your project is eligible.
The next closing date: September 6, 2019
Applications must be received at least three months before the project starts (except research grant applications).
Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Barring exceptions, the Foundation announces its decision three to six months after receiving the complete application.
Mrs Isabelle Cohen
Mrs Yanique Mervius
Tel: +33 (0)1 53 42 63 17
Documents to download
- General application (doc, in French)
- Application for publishing and translation projects (doc, in French)
- Application for audiovisual projects (doc, in French)